Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Essie Trophy Wife and OPI Black Shatter Review.

I have seen Essie nail polish advertised everywhere, and I had to try it. I purchased "Trophy Wife" and "Master Plan" at Target, and I was somewhat underwhelmed. I guess that I was expecting better color payoff and quality.

Trophy wife was purchased because of its name, and I was somewhat disappointed. I found that the color didn't apply smoothly and evenly — something that is okay in a $2 NYC nail polish but less okay in an $8 "Professional" quality polish.


Because I wasn't thrilled with how they looked, I used Black Shatter over it. The Black Shatter by OPI is iffy, and it either looks completely awesome or completely terrible. However, it is the best shatter polish that I have found. (A review is coming for China Glaze) 
I apologize for the darkness of the photos. I did my nails/took the pictures late at night. 

Overall, I like the look. When I first got the shatter, I used it over China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint. I got so many comments and compliments, and my psychology instructor was fascinated by it (older man, has children my age.) Within two weeks of my wearing it, the girls who sat in the class next to me who had heard his comments started wearing it. I found it amusing. 

P.S. My boyfriend actually commented on it without my asking, and really likes it. I really like that he notices and enjoys the effort I put in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.