Sunday, May 29, 2011

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads Review

I started using this product fairly early on this month, and had high hopes for it. I tend to like Aveeno products, and I really wanted to adore this one. 

Pros: 
  • It has the two sides: Scrubby/smooth, which give you some options.
  • The scrubby side exfoliates, but not too much. 
  • Convenient! Pre-moistened, you just moisten your face and go at it!
  • They smell nice and clean.
                                                                                                              Cons:
  • They burn. Like fire. I have no idea why, but 80% of the time they really stung my face. Sometimes they worked without any burn, but most of the time they hurt. I don't have sensitive skin, so I don't know why it hurt. I mean, I have used witch hazel as a toner before, and it doesn't sting this bad. It was like an alcohol sting. In the future I will just use vodka instead of bothering with this.
  • They don't really seem to remove my makeup as much as I would like. I know that I should remove my makeup in a separate step, but I tried to use this to just remove my tinted moisturizer and mascara and it failed. 
  • It made my skin feel super dry and tight afterwards. I know that after washing your face with a cleanser that isn't oil-based, a bit of tightness is to be expected, but this was ridiculously drying and oddly painful. Not a symptom of "Radiant" skin.
Overall, I didn't see much of a difference in my skin. It didn't seem to be any more irritated than usual, but this product certainly didn't help it any. I will use up the rest of my second package of these, but I will not be repurchasing. 

I guess I would give this product a 2.5 out of 5 stars. Not an amazing product, but not the worst I have used. A resounding "Meh."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.