Monday, July 4, 2011

Products I used in June: In one fell swoop.

I know I usually post these reviews separately, but I didn't really use anything that is epically life-changing/requires its own post, so I'm lumping it all together. I'm going to post a list of products I plan to use/am using this month either tomorrow or the day after.

I tried tretinoin cream, and it is the most fantastically amazing product ever. Seriously. Let me show you a few horrifically unflattering photos to really drive this point home for you:

This is the before. With makeup/concealer/flattering light, and you can still see blemishes. Bonus: My mum's exceedingly obese cat sleeping on the back of my chair. He weighs about 23lbs and half of his belly is hanging off the back of the chair. He is the sweetest, most loving cat you could ever meet.


With no makeup. Or sleep. In terrible light, with odd shadowing making it seem like I have a mustache. I don't. 

In short: Tretinoin=awesomeness. However, you must be consistent and use it daily. I missed a few days/10 maybe/I'm ashamed, and my skin has broken out again, a bit. 

Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream is worth the money. I used it over my tretinoin at night and didn't get any sort of dryness like I did the first time I used tretinoin. I recommend it, although it isn't anything amazingly special and has a fairly strong scent.

Crest 3D White Advanced Vivid Stain Protection toothpaste: Meh. Not a real, noticeable difference. I deeply miss the Vivid White toothpaste that they used to make. I haven't been able to find it for a while, and it actually worked. 

Rembrandt Whitening Mouthwash: Fantastically awesome, if you remember to use it. For some reason I am obsessive about brushing/flossing twice a day, but terrible about remembering to use mouthwash. When it is used regularly, my teeth look fantastic. 

Body Brushing: Amazing. I body brush before showering, and moisturize after, and my skin has looked and felt a lot better. It is one of the few cheap, easy ways to exfoliate and work on cellulite. 

Weight Watchers: I was forced to quit. I moved to a new location, and they refused to honor the membership that I had. I actually would have been willing to pay the weekly fee, but the woman was quite rude to me when I tried to attend the meeting. How was I to know that the monthly pass I used in a city an hour away, that I was told would work here, was not accepted? I wasn't trying to cheat them out of their fee, and I was in a good mood, but the woman was demeaning and snarky to me. I don't like public humiliation.

Instead, I have joined My Fitness Pal, and am tracking my calories there. Feel free to add me! My username is beautifulcold. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.