Sunday, July 24, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: From someone who hasn't read the books

I know, the idea of someone not having read or seen any of the Harry Potter books/movies seems a bit odd, especially at my age. Let me just say I have religious parents who are semi neurotic about that stuff. (They managed to leave me an atheist.)

Moving onwards...

I am fairly well aware of the story and characters, because I've not been living under a rock for the last ten years. My boyfriend wanted to see the movie, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that I hadn't been allowed to read any of the books. I went along with it.

We saw the movie in 3D, and that was awesome, when they actually used the technology. There were only three or four scenes where I actually noticed that it was 3D — the rest of the time it was largely unnoticeable. Overall, the movie was good. It was very much action based, and it seemed like it just sort of ended in a rush. I've ordered the books, and maybe the ending is better in book, but it just seemed like she was tired of writing the series and was just ending things in a rush. I will post a more in-depth thought post in a month or so, when I've had a chance to read the books/see the rest of the movies. I just couldn't get past the feeling that she was just ending things for the sake of ending things.

In other news, I bought MUFE lipstick #8 today. Pictures tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.