Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A tiny bit sad.

I don't like posting sad things here. I'm not quite sure why, but I guess it might be because I am a happy person and I want my little space here to reflect that. However, this is my sort of online journal, an overview of my life, and I want it to reflect all aspects of my life.

I don't know why I feel so down tonight. Nothing horrifically wrong happened today, but there were just a few things that just made me feel a bit hollow, worn out.

You may remember my posting about the coffee shop man. I saw him again today at the bagel shop where I went to get my lunch. He tried to invite me to lunch with him and his friend, and then asked if the 50+ year old man behind me was my husband. I said no, that I had a short break from lunch and had to rush back to make it on time. He then gave me a 3X5 card with his name, phone number, and a light pink/purple stamp on it. I have to say, with shame, that I went back and incredulously explained this to my coworkers. I was creeped out by it! He so obviously doesn't understand that I am not anywhere near interested. He seems fully mentally capable, and dresses in neatly pressed clothing, but he is just strange. As you have seen, I'm not the most attractive person out there, so he must be desperate.

Tonight though... tonight I feel sad for him. It must be rough to get to be middle aged and not have someone. I just wish that I could find someone for him, someone to provide companionship. I usually am not mocking of people who hit on me, and I just feel guilty for sinking so low. While I don't want to date him, I wish that I could find someone who would be willing to. No one should have to be alone if they don't want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.