Friday, June 24, 2011

Awesome surprises/Last (Thursday) night: tgif!


This is my "I have survived my second week of work/gotten less than seven hours of sleep in the last 48 hours and am now taking crappy makeup-free pictures in photobooth on my ancient macbook" face. Gorgeous, no? 

I am not usually big on surprises. I don't *dislike* them, but I don't prefer them. I'm pretty flexible though, so I tend not to mind. 

I'm rarely surprised, so it is kind of a moot point. Let me give you some back story: 

I take the bus to and from work. The bus stop is half a mile away from my house, and is in front of a convenience store. Last night my boyfriend texted me when I was on the bus ride home, and told me to stop by the convenience store when I got off the bus. I did, and he was right there waiting for me. My mind=blown. Seriously. 

He drove me home, I changed, and he drove me to the bank to deposit my first check!  See, I have this little first-paycheck ritual. Whenever I start a new job, I treat myself with a bit of my first check. I usually buy a lipstick or a perfume, and I hate doing this alone. I dislike lonesome celebrations. 

He came with me to the mall, and we walked all over. We looked at a furniture store, bought a few chocolate truffles, and then I brought him to Macy's to lipstick with me. I bought a Dior Addict lipstick, and there will be pictures tomorrow or Sunday. 

We then went for a picnic, and decided to watch a movie. We curled up together and watched the Adjustment Bureau. It was good! A little bit too "love conquers ALL!!!!!" for me, but sweet nonetheless. I have to say, it really was the best night ever. I love him so much, and the time with him made my week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.