Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shopping for the new job! Part One: Dresses.

 I have a new job! I'm so thankful, because I have been unemployed for over a year now, and it had become very hard for me to remain positive.

One of the awesome parts about this job is the dress code: Dressy business casual. I only have a few things that really nail that style, so aside from one or two dresses and a thousand skirts I'm out of luck.

Sooooo... I'm going to inundate you all with my shopping! Today's post is going to be on dresses.

I love dresses. I really, really love dresses. They tend to add an instant elegance, and with the right shoes and bag can be perfect. I plan on living in dresses and light cardigans/wraps this summer.


                                                                                                    All images Via Kohl's

I love this dress! I think that it would be absolutely perfect with a light cardigan and basic black slingbacks. I was so excited, ready to purchase, and then I saw the sizes available. I briefly wished that I was an extra-large.


I like this a lot, but I wish that it were in black. My love for caffeinated beverages is legendary, and most of those beverages are dark. I don't see this dress lasting a week without a coffee, tea, or Pepsi Max stain. I will keep looking at it and fantasizing about being coordinated enough to wear it it. 


This was by far the most viable option out of all of them. I don't like the pink around the bottom, but there was an option without it (I couldn't find a decent picture of it though.) I like it because it fits the code (knee length, covers armpits) and I wouldn't have to wear a cardigan with it. It also looks like it would be fairly comfortable as well.

I have this feeling that I'm going to be spending the next few days anxiously running through thrift stores. It will be fun! I start next Tuesday. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.