Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15

My parents tell me that I am very difficult to buy for. I don't think that I am, but they let me pick out what I wanted and put it on their Nordstrom card.

I walked all through cosmetics, looked longingly at the Chanel foundations that I am far too pale for, and was waved down by the woman at Bobbi Brown.

I actually hadn't used Bobbi Brown before, and I sat there and let her do my makeup. I bought everything she put on, aside from the base moisturizers. (I plan on buying them eventually, but I'm trying to use up what I already have before moving on. I never use up anything, and I'm trying to work towards being less wasteful.)

I am going to post a review of everything, but on an individual basis because I don't want this to be a mile long post.

I have been wearing this balm daily for the past two weeks. I have worn it under lipstick, over lip pencil, and alone. I absolutely adore it. It is rather stiff and takes some time to warm up the first time, but becomes progressively softer/easy to apply time goes on.

It was $17, and while that seems expensive for a balm, it was completely worth it and I will definitely buy it again.

Pros:
Non-stick. My hair loves my lip products, and my windy area helps it out in its quest to ruin my makeup. This balm doesn't move, but doesn't feel or look dry.

Long lasting. I apply it on my way out of the house, and then again after lunch. It wears off some, but nowhere near as much as some other products I've tried.

Large pot. I have been using it daily for two weeks or so, and it looks nearly new. I have huge lips, this is no small feat.

Beautiful color. I am super pale, and this makes my normally-pale lips look healthy and alive.

Cons:
Comes in a pot. I'm a student and constantly around people who are sick. This has made me a bit germ phobic, and I hate having to haul out hand sanitizer and wash my hands every time I want to reapply my lip balm.


Overall, I'm in love.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.