Monday, March 7, 2011

1,001 Beautiful Things: Day 10

Having an unexpectedly awesome conversation with someone you respect.

I went in to ask for a recommendation from my psychology instructor. I have mad affection for the woman, and I have taken three classes from her in the past year. Still, I was insanely nervous. She seems sad sometimes in class, and I have always wanted to talk to her, see what her deal is.

I went in, asked in the first two minutes of being there, and got a yes! Then I asked her another couple of questions, and we ended up talking for about an hour. It was fantastic! We talked about music and technology, and I feel kind of sad that we didn't talk much before.

I occasionally feel a sort of disconnect with my instructors, so connecting with her was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.