Thursday, February 2, 2012

WORDS


This isn't my photo, but this is a concept that has stuck out to me recently. I have listened to people complain about their current life situations, how they hate being where they are and wish they could be elsewhere. I have been saying that a lot lately! And I've come to realize that there is nothing holding me back. Realistically, all I have is a car payment, and I have people that could watch the car if I wanted to go to university in another country. 

I think that we forget sometimes how capable we are of taking control of our happiness. I'm not saying that the moment we feel pressured or stressed we should run from the situation. I'm saying that we should be actively working towards what will be the best for ourselves, and thus the best for those around us. 

Case in point: I love exercise. I really, really do. I feel better when I work out, and I tend to like myself more. About a year ago I moved thirty miles away from my favorite gym, and joined a different one. From the beginning, I wasn't a fan. I didn't like the lack of machines, lack of classes, etc. Plus, it wasn't as clean as my old gym and was more expensive. I didn't like paying more for machines that were in a constant state of disrepair. I eventually ended up giving up my membership, and I stopped going to the gym for about five months. 

Last week I rejoined my favorite gym. It is a bit of a drive, yes, but I got a really good deal on a long-term membership, and I'm already happier. My boyfriend has already noticed the change in my mood! I'm far more energetic and bouncy, plus I'm with my friends again. It may not have been the most economical move in the world, but it makes me happy. At the end of the day, that is all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.