Friday, January 6, 2012

SNIFFLE


Today I have the sniffles. I don't really know why, because I haven't been exposed to anyone with a cold lately (that I know of.) I hope it is just a light cold, and not allergies, because a cold goes away much faster than allergies do. I was lucky enough to have a short shift at work today, and I was able to make it through without being too miserable. That is the only downside of my job: No paid sick leave. The funny thing is that at the jobs I had paid sick leave at, I never used it. I never needed it, and I was able to give it away to people who did. I never really appreciated how nice it was to be able to take a day off when you are feeling poorly and not have to worry about having a smaller paycheck. 

Tomorrow I have the day off, and I plan to spend it doing absolutely nothing. I need to be able to rest and recuperate before classes start, and tomorrow is my last day to do it. I have been saving the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy, and I plan to read that and a few other books tomorrow, while drinking copious amounts of tea and whinging about. 

I'm off to take some Nyquil and go to bed. My goal to exercise every day has definitely failed this week!

2 comments:

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.