Saturday, August 20, 2011

NARS Lipstick in Damage: A Review/Swatch/Shipping rave.


I fell completely in love with this shade when I went into Sephora after a truly wretched day. I buy lipstick when I'm stressed, and I wanted something to lift my spirits. Unfortunately, this was the one color that they didn't have (and were too lazy to look for/check for nearby availability. My local Sephora is in JC Penney and is terrible.)



Anyway... I wanted it. Badly. I finally decided that I was going to suck it up and just order it from the website. I figured that I was going to have to pay a bunch for the shipping and then wait for the next six billion months. Not true. They were/are offering free two day shipping. They sent it to me via FedEx, and it arrived perfect. It is over 90 degrees on average in my area, and I was afraid they would just drop it on my doorstep, letting it melt. Luckily, they didn't. I wasn't home when they came by, so I had to drive out and pick it up from the local office. 

When I unwrapped it, it was amazing. The lipstick was the only thing I ordered, but they had wrapped it with tissue paper, enough to fill the box, added a printout of everything I ordered, and a quote on a card. It was fantastic. I recommend them 100% and will definitely be ordering from them again in the future.

The lipstick itself is perfection. Smooth, semi-glossy, and with just enough color to take me from summer to fall without seeming overly made up. Its staying power is excellent while still feeling sheer and fresh. Love!


Yay outtakes! I wanted to post this tonight, but I don't have a decent camera and it is 9pm here. I snapped this and wanted to weep. Beautiful, no? I'm so completely exhausted after work today, and look it. Ick! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.