Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It Is Too Freaking Hot.


True story: 

I get home from work, eat dinner, and sit down on the couch to watch tv. Somehow I manage to fall asleep. I wake up, and my first thought is "I must be coming down with something! I am so hot and sticky and gross feeling." I proceed to semi-panic because I can't really afford to take any time off from work, but since I talk almost all day I'm not able to work much when I'm ill. I never think to check the temperature of the house.

I randomly get up and decide to wash my face, brush my teeth, and head to bed a bit early to see if I can head off the worst of it before tomorrow. I figured that I might be able to get away with just taking the first half of the day off if I were to really take care of myself tonight. 

I walk into the bathroom with all of my pre-bed routine essentials, and I glance at the little thermometer by the bathroom door. It is 80 degrees in the house. It is generally about 68 degrees in my office, and that twelve degree difference kicked my butt. Thankfully, I have washed my face, drank a bit of iced tea, and  am feeling better. I just can't sleep now! It is far too hot for me to fall back asleep. 

Yes. I fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.