Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Frumpy.




I hate having short nails. I feel like I look unpolished, and almost immature, as odd as it sounds. I don't feel that way when I see other people with short nails, but the moment my nails start breaking, I get annoyed. My fingers seem fatter and I feel less elegant.

I admit, when my nail broke yesterday, I went out and bought glue on fakes, which were terrible and popped off in less than a day (full review coming when I get my computer back.) I am going to dinner with my boyfriend and his extended family tomorrow, and I wanted to look perfect. However, I painted my natural nails today, and I'm okay with them. I mean, this is who I am. There are plenty of thing to judge me on, and my nails should be the least of my worries. I'm excited to meet them, and am going to try to take it easy on myself. I get so carried away in my pursuit of perfection sometimes, and I need to remember that it is okay, and no one else is going to care how my nails look.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. My nails are really short right now and I hate it...though I just can't ge tthem to look nice long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't grow my nails at all. i know they suffer with being weak due to the lack of calcium in my diet :( they get so far and then break when i touch / catch anuything with them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time growing them as well :( I seem to get them to a certain length, and then they break. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.