Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nars Lip Pencil: Damned review

I made a bit of an impulse purchase today — I was cold, and bored, and I went into Sephora. This is never a good thing. I have a tiny fascination with Nars, and I have been looking for a deep, non-traditional color that is still fashionable.

Today, I found it.

This is a lipstick in pencil form, something that I have not used before. I like it, and I feel that it gives me more control during application. I would not recommend using this as a lip liner, because it is too thick and seems to lack the consistency.

As a lipstick, it is beautiful. More magenta than red, but deep and luscious in a grown up way. Purple, without being grapey. I love it.

I would not recommend wearing it with large amounts of dark shadow/liner, but with a bit of mascara, black liner and beige shadow it works out beautifully.

It is a tad pricey at $24, but I think that it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.