Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Breaking the color mold!

I think we have all heard the usual tip: wear red lipstick on a dull day to add spark and flavor.

I love red lipstick! It is definitely my favorite, but I tend to get stuck in a rut. While it is a stunning, classic color, it isn’t the only one.

On days like today, I like to switch it up. I wore an old, discontinued MAC color that I have been hoarding: Vivacious. It is this fantastic pink sparkly color that is intense, but not too little-girly. I have also been known to wear Up The Amp, a neon-purple color. I know that it sounds crazy intense, but it is actually quite flattering.

I pair this with just enough foundation to even out my skin tone and remove shine, and a bit of black liner and mascara. I feel that this makes my look work-safe, but still young and fresh. The biggest risk of this look is overdoing the liner/mascara combo or throwing on too much shadow. This is a look that you have to be use minimal makeup, or you look like you secretly want to be a Vegas showgirl — probably not the look you are going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.