Thursday, July 19, 2012

FARTHER


The past couple of weeks have been crazy! So much has happened and I'm so excited. We got engaged, and are looking at summer/fall of 2014 for a wedding.

And... I'm studying in Chile this fall! I'm so nervous and excited. I'm buying my plane tickets tonight, and I leave September fourth. To be able to go I have had to take all of my first year Spanish over the summer, and it works out to be roughly 5 hours of work per day. Pretty difficult when you are working full time afternoon/night shifts. Plus, my manager was incredibly angry with me for not being able to take on day shifts due to my classes, classes that she already knew about when she hired me and shifts that she knew I would never be able to work. I was miserable and stressed out all the time. Which leads me to...

I just gave notice at my job! My last day is July 29, and I can't wait to be done. I was so miserable for so long, and I am so ready to be able to focus solely on my studies and trip preparations. 


I have to say, If you had asked me a month ago if any of this would happen, I would have said you were crazy. And yet here we are!


I'm choosing happiness. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement!

    Wooow, where in Chile? I was in Santiago earlier in the year & it was full of foreign students. It's such a European city! Hardly anyone speaks english but if you know the basics you will pick it up in no time :)

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I'm going to Chillan, a couple hours south of Santiago. I'm not very fluent in Spanish yet, but I hope that I'm able to speak enough once I get there to just get around. I will be finishing off a Spanish minor for my under grad degree! I'm incredibly excited :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.