Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Should I?

Right now my grandmum, mum, and younger siblings are all getting ready to visit my Uncle in Iowa. They are going to drive there, and it will be a two week trip.

I want to go.

I would have to drop my classes for this term, and I would probably have to quit my job, but there is this part of me that just wants to go. Like Steve Jobs said, when you have been unhappy for too many days in a row, it is time to change things. I know that this trip isn't the magical key to happiness, but it would be a once in a lifetime experience. I have never been so irresponsible in my life, but I just don't know what is keeping me here.

I mean, I'm able to drop my classes without penalty until the thirteenth, and I think that I would be able to find another job. I just... I want to go.

I have been working or going to school or both since I was fifteen. I'm a year ahead in school. What would the crime be in taking the term off and just enjoying myself? I would start a major hunt for another job as soon as I got back, and it would be perfect.


Why yes, I am an escapist. I'm in class right now, have work in two hours (directly after) and then another three hour class after working four hours.

I'm exhausted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.