Thursday, April 7, 2011

It has been a while, yes.

I know I haven't been posting as often as I had planned, and I want to explain.

It has been a really hard two weeks for me  — the beginning of Spring term for one, and then my car died. It had no history of problems, and was in perfect condition on Saturday morning. I drove it into the neighboring city for a meeting, and then stopped by my house to change clothes to meet a friend for lunch. I was in my house for about thirty minutes, came out to leave, and it wouldn't start.

I have no idea what is wrong with it, because I have a relatively new battery, nothing was left on, and I had filled it with gas that morning. My fluid levels are good, spark plugs are almost ready to be replaced but aren't terrible, and I have kept up with almost all routine maintenance. I do need to get the shocks changed, but the mechanic said that I can drive it for another thousand miles before that. I have a few things that I'm going to look at, but it is still a bit stressful. I love my car, and I can't really afford a new (to me) one.

Monday I went to class, rushed home, and then went to Target. I have wanted to try the John Frieda foam hair dye, and they were offering a $5 gift card with the purchase. I went in, found a box, and checked out. The woman working the register was rude, and the only line open. She checked the woman in front of me out, and then told me to go to guest services to check out. I didn't get the gift card, and I wasn't in the mood to argue. I got out to my parent's car, backed out, and started to slowly drive out of the parking lot. This woman in a massive minivan backed into the car.

I ordered the wrong textbook from Amazon, and I now have to deal with re-ordering a new one.

I still haven't heard from either school.

I will be back to my happy posts and reviews, but you will also be getting a bit of my life. I can't separate myself from this blog, and I don't really think that I should. I will be more upbeat and positive in future posts. It has just been hard lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.