Tuesday, January 11, 2011

L'oreal Feria Review




I recently purchased L’oreal Feria boxed dye from my local Walmart, because I was looking for a more blue-based black, and my local Sally’s didn’t have anything in stock. I bought Feria in “Starry Night” and followed the directions exactly. It fried my hair to a crisp. I mean, crunchy, dry, and frizzy. I used the conditioner that came with the dye, and yes, it made my hair soft, but damaged hair can be soft.
Let me give you some hair backstory:
I dye my hair every 4-6 weeks. I use a 20 volume developer, and I was using Clairol Black from Sally’s. Other than that, I rarely use heat tools, I only wash it every other day at most, and I coat it in coconut oil before washing it. My hair is babied, and was not damaged beforehand. In fact, I went in to have a trim a month or so ago, and the stylist mentioned how healthy my hair was.
The color was fantastic, I must admit. It truly is glossy and multi-dimensional, at least for the first two weeks. It is also frizzy, and tangle/breakage prone.
I truly wish that I could recommend this product to others, because the idea of it is fantastic, but I have to give this one out of five stars, and that one star only because the conditioner was pretty good. The dye itself was fairly bad smelling as well, although I am not overly sensitive.
I will not buy this product again, and I would not recommend it to anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.