Thursday, January 13, 2011

MAC Blacktrack Review




Let me start by saying that I don’t usually wear a lot of eyeliner. I’m very pale, naturally. I truly can’t tan. I burn then go back to being a lovely shade of lightly chilled death. If I put on a bunch of liner, I have the unfortunate tendency to look exhausted.
Because I am so pale, I have to have a very pigmented black shadow. If it isn’t a dark, dark black, it looks gray and washed out, and not in a good way (although I love gray eyeliner, and that review will arrive on Tuesday of next week, if not earlier.)
I bought Fluidline in Blacktrack because I had read multiple reviews of it, and was looking for an intense black liner for a party.
I have to say that this is a fantastic eyeliner. I can apply it in a fine line, or in a thick, winged line for a smokier look, and it stays. And stays. And stays. I am not kidding. On the days that I go to class, I apply my makeup at 7am, and don’t get home until after 9pm. That is over twelve hours, with the rainy Oregon weather, a ballet class, and a zumba class between 7:40 and 8:40, my last event of the day. During the day, I don’t really have the time do re-do much of my makeup, and this product is perfect.
It will still be on, and unsmudged, when I get home. That is pretty amazing.
I will say that it takes a little bit of time to get used to applying if you aren’t familiar with brush-applied pigments or gel, and that a little goes a long way. It is a bit pricy, but it lasts forever. I’m not kidding.
I give the product itself 5/5 stars, because it lasts so long, even through a workout. The price is a bit of a deterrent, but it does last an incredibly long time, and provides an intense color.
I give the packaging 4/5, because it doesn’t seem like it would be portable. It has a screw-on lid, but I don’t feel like I can toss it in my bag. I feel like the lid might come off during basic transportation, and I am not that hard on my things. If it was a more secure fitting lid, it would get the full five. I like to be able to take my makeup with me, because I occasionally go out after Zumba, and I re-do my makeup after I shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.