Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tangle Teezer: A review




I went in to my local Sally’s today, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they now carry Tangle Teezers.
I’ve been looking at buying one for a long time, but I didn’t really want to go through the hassle of ordering one online and waiting for it to ship.
Basically, a Tangle Teezer is a plastic, handless brush with stiff plastic bristles. What makes this product different than everything else is that it goes through the hair, removing all tangles, with zero pain. Literally, none whatsoever.
I had read a bunch of other  reviews elsewhere, and most of them said that it was a miracle brush. It is. I am actually rather surprised by it, and I wish that I had ordered one sooner.
I was the first person to have bought the Teezer from the store I went to, and it wasn’t all that surprising. This product is not as popular in the U.S.  as it is overseas, and I never would have heard of it if it weren’t for the Long Hair Community.
Frankly, I don’t think it is the most beautiful product ever, but I will probably end up getting the cuter purse-size one for my purse and gym bag, and leave the black one at home. The plastic makes it seem flimsy, and the sound of it going through the hair is almost terrifying, but it doesn’t seem to cause any breakage whatsoever, which makes me very happy.
I think that it was worth the price $9.49, although some may find it steep. I will definitely use this brush for the next several months, and keep everyone updated as to my results.
Basically, this product gets 5 out of 5 points for efficiency (does what it says it will, is basically the god of brushes) but 2.5 out of 5 for aesthetics (not very attractive, awkward shape, lack of handle, although a handled brush probably causes more damage.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.