Thursday, June 21, 2012

BAD SKIN AND A RETURNED CLARISONIC PLUS


I bought a Clarisonic Plus at Nordstrom a few months ago, and I eagerly began to use it. I was aware of and prepared for the "purge" breakout, and wasn't especially surprised when it appeared. I was, however, surprised that it stayed for two+ months. 

To be completely honest, that is why I haven't been posting as much as I would like, or posting ANY videos. My skin is by far the worst it has ever been, and for no reason I can think of. Yes, I have been stressed, but I have been eating well and taking care of my skin. I have been far more stressed than this before with no bad skin reactions. 

Because of this, I'm returning the Clarisonic. I am not 100% sure that it is causing my breakouts, and if I return it and my skin does not improve, then I will go to a dermatologist to get it sorted out and will repurchase. 

Has anyone else experienced this? The Clarisonic is the only thing that I have added to my skin care routine, and it is the only thing my boyfriend and I can think might be causing this. The hilarious part is that, since we have cleaned up our diet, his skin (which was always far worse than mine) is completely clear.

2 comments:

  1. hey interesting post! i used to have quite bad acne until i used accutane. i've been wanting to get a clarisonic for ages now but i'm scared now that it might bring things back! i currently use retin a sometimes to settle scars, do you use anything else strong like it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used Retina- a off and on for quite some time to tame my cystic acne, but have yet to try accutane. I really hope that a dermatologist will be able to figure it out.

      Delete

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.