Sunday, September 9, 2012

TERMAS DE CHILLAN


The past few days have been wonderful! My host family has been so amazing in helping me figure out how to make my smartphone work here, and in helping me buy a coat and sweatpants. I didn't realize how cold it could be here! We are rapidly heading into spring/summer here, and I didn't need to buy much other than a coat and some warm pants to run in. I spent much of Friday attending the orientation at the university and then running errands with my host family/shopping with our new Chilean friends.  I'm still not totally understanding the whole money system here — it is so, so different and I'm nervous to ride the buses until I have it figured out. 

Yesterday we hopped on a bus at an insanely early hour (or, well, 8:30 which is early considering the time change and the fact I am having a hard time sleeping) and headed to Las Termas De Chillan, one of the most beautiful, calming places I have ever been. It is the last couple of days of ski season, so we split off into groups: The ones that wanted to ski on the not-so-great snow, and the ones that wanted to hike and sun themselves by the hot springs. I was a part of the second group, and I spent roughly two hours hiking around, and four or so hours lounging by the pool. I'm a bit lazy, yes! It was really nice though, because I actually had 3g coverage here. It is so weird to be surrounded by the Andes Mountains and yet still have full bars. Claro, you are AMAZING. 

Last night we spent singing karaoke and then headed out to the discotheque to dance for a few hours. It is so different from the States! I don't even know how to describe it, but it was fun. We got home around four am, and tried to sleep  — I didn't do as well with that as I had hoped. I can't wait to get a bit of a schedule going, and then hopefully my sleep will get better. 

I didn't bring any clothes for clubbing, so I thought I would leave you with this gem: 

Yes. I went out dancing in yoga pants and running shoes. SO sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love to read and respond to your comments.